Thursday, November 8, 2012

Q&A with Cody Hussey

Our Week 9 Outstanding Athlete of the Week, the MacMurray Highlanders sophomore Quarterback, Cody Hussey, recently answered a few questions for us about his football experience and his recent performance this past weekend which earned our recognition. Congratulations again Cody, keep playing hard and we wish you the best of luck in your last week of the season.

The Numbers:

This past weekend, Hussey led the Highlanders to a 29-14 victory over the Eureka Red Devils for their second victory of the year. Hussey passed for 281 yards with 19 of 36 passes completed, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception thrown. Not only did he lead his team through the air, but the quarterback also averaged 11.2 yards per carry and with 12 carries he totaled 134 yards including a pivotal 44 yard touchdown run that helped to seal the victory for MacMurray. His 205.6 passing yards per game and 18 total touchdowns thrown are both currently third highest in the UMAC with one game remaining for the Highlanders.
 
Q&A:
 
What is your first football memory?
My first football memory is when I was 4. The league let me play in the 5 and 6 year old league cause I was so big. I don't know where that went now haha
 
What was the biggest key to your individual success in last week’s performance?
Our biggest key in last weeks performance was avoiding 3 and outs and keeping the chains moving. We wanted to control the tempo of the game.
 
Where does your recent performance rank for you on your list of individual best games?
I would say around number 2 or 3. We had a good performance against them last year.

What did you eat for breakfast on game day?
I ate hash browns and fruit for breakfast on game day.

What is the biggest area you want to improve upon moving forward?
I want to improve on taking advantages when we have them. I want to improve on capitalizing when D gets turnovers

What is going to be the key to your team succeeding this week?
The key this week is the same as last. Control the game by controlling the tempo. Moving the chains and getting stops on D

What is on your pregame music playlist?
Pregame music: Lil Wayne, Eminem, got my country too

Who is your favorite NFL athlete?
My favorite NFL athlete is Julio Jones, I'm from Alabama and Julio is a beast and I've always wanted to throw to him. #RollTide

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself in 5 years coaching football at my high school Smiths Station back in Alabama

What, if any, are your gameday rituals?
#1 pray and thank God for another day to play the sport and represent for him.
#2 tell my gf the game plan even though she has no idea on what I'm talking about.
#3 play my heart out

No comments:

Post a Comment