Thursday, September 13, 2012

Get to know your Week #2 POWs

We want you to get to know your UMAC athletes, aside from how many yards or tackles they had, so each week we will have a short Q&A session with the Players of the Week.

Week #2 Offensive Player of the Week:
Josh Balzer
Position: Quarterback
School: Northwestern College
Year: Senior
Major: Civil Engineering

What is your earliest football memory?:
Getting a set of plastic shoulder pads and a helmet and playing 1 on1 against my brother in the backyard

What was the biggest key to your individual success in last week’s performance?:
Great running and blocking by my teammates to set up the passing game

Where does your recent performance rank for you on your list of individual best games?:
Definitely in the top 3

What did you eat for breakfast on game day?:eggs, bacon, chocolate milk and a small piece of steak at the Golden Corral

What is the biggest area you want to improve upon moving forward?:
Get better each week with the mental game of making great checks and reads

What is going to be the key to your team succeeding this week?:Eliminate mental mistakes and come out firing like we did last week

What is on your pregame music playlist?:I don't listen to music before games

Who is your favorite NFL athlete?:Peyton Manning

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?:Hopefully settled in a career and making an impact on people's lives

Who is your celebrity crush?:
(declined to answer)
Week #2 Special Teams Player of the Week:
Dalton DeGraffenreid
Position: Wide Receiver/Kick Returner
School: University of Minnesota - Morris
Year: Freshman
Major: Chemistry

What is your earliest football memory?:
My first football memory is throwing three touchdown passes in my first pee-wee game.

What was the biggest key to your individual success in last week’s performance?:
The biggest key to my individual success last week was the great blocking by our kickoff return team and me being able to make the right cut.

Where does your recent performance rank for you on your list of individual best games?:
My recent performance ranks out at about 12 or 13 on my best game list.

What did you eat for breakfast on game day?:
For breakfast on gameday I had fruit, eggs, sausage, and hash browns.

What is the biggest area you want to improve upon moving forward?:
The biggest area I want to improve on is my route running to better my offensive performance.

What is going to be the key to your team succeeding this week?:
The key to our team succeeding this week is for our offense to be able to move the ball to allow our deffense to rest and for us to put points on the board.

What is on your pregame music playlist?:
My pregame music playlist is a wide variety from Drake to Josh Abbot and of course I listen to some good ol' Texas country before every game.

Who is your favorite NFL athlete?:
My favorite NFL athlete is eaither Wes Welker or Danny Woodhead.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?:
In 5 years I see myself as either a college football coach or coaching High School football in Texas.

Who is your celebrity crush?:
My celebrity crush is probably Carrie Underwood.

Week #2 Defensive Player of the Week:
Zeke Miller
Position: LB
School: University of Minnesota - Morris
Year: Senior
Major: Psychology

(did not give answers to POW Q&A)


No comments:

Post a Comment