Friday, October 25, 2013

Q & A with Jake Jensen

St. Scholastica Saints’ running back Jake Jensen recently answered a few questions for us about his football experience and his performance this past weekend which earned our Outstanding Athlete of the Week award. Congratulations again Jake, you earned it, keep up all the hard work and we wish you a great season.
The Numbers:
(Photo from CSSSaints.com)
Jake’s performance this week paved the way to a 48-14 victory for the Saints over Martin Luther College. He carried the ball 13 times for a career-high 179 yards along with 3 touchdowns. His scoring runs can from distances of 70, 4, and 30 yards as he scored three of the Saints first four touchdowns. With his 13.8 yard per carry average, he set the St. Scholastica school record. He also recorded 1 reception for 18 yards and a kickoff return for 12 yards. Jensen is currently second in the UMAC with 122.4 average rushing yards per game and tied for third in scoring runs with 8 touchdowns.


Q&A:
(Photo from CSSSaints.com)
What was the biggest key to your individual success in last week’s performance?
I think last week’s success had a lot to do with the offensive line really stepping up this week. We had a few new guys in the lineup due to injuries and they did a great job
Where does your recent performance rank for you on your list of individual best games?
It’s hard for me to rank my past games by performance but I would say some of my favorite college games were beating Greenville for the first time sophomore year and our homecoming game that same year where I had 4 rushing td's
What is going to be the key to your team succeeding this week?
I think the key to us beating Eureka this week is take the momentum at the beginning of the game. The past two weeks we have gotten off to a slow start, we need to correct that this week.
What do you love most about the game of football?
What’s not to love about football?
What is the biggest area of your game do you want to improve on moving forward?
Moving forward I think I could improve in all areas of my game, but one thing I would like to maintain this year is no lost fumbles.
What was your most memorable game in high school?
My most memorable game in high school is my very last high school game. We lost in the section championship to St. Thomas academy my senior year coming out of an 0 and 9 season my junior year.


No comments:

Post a Comment